Jharkhand Scholarship 2023: The Department of Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, Minority Groups and Backward Class Welfare Department of the Government of the Jharkhand state of India issues notifications for scholarships for students hailing from impoverished sections of society every year. The Jharkhand state scholarships are designed for Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), and Scheduled Tribes (ST) in the state. Also, it makes provisions for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for these groups.
Students coming from poor backgrounds are unable to pay higher education fees. And the Jharkhand state government comes to their aid by providing financial assistance for the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric courses.
Nonetheless, you must note that the eligibility criteria of the different scholarship schemes differ. Hence, candidates applying for Jharkhand state scholarships must read the stipulated eligibility norms. And only upon satisfying the eligibility criteria, they are encouraged to apply.
Refer to the below-mentioned details to know about the different scholarship programs of the Jharkhand state government.
Jharkhand Scholarships: Different Types
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC Students
Students from ST, SC, and OBC categories are invited to apply for this scholarship scheme, which provides funds for enrollment in Pre-Matric courses.
- Post-Matric Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC Students
This scholarship scheme provides for fees for admission in Post-Matric courses to eligible applicants.
Jharkhand Scholarships: Eligibility Norms
Herein we discuss the eligibility criteria for the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships of the Jharkhand state government.
- The candidate has to secure domicile status of the Indian state of Jharkhand
- He/she must belong to the OBC, ST or SC divisions
- Where the annual family income of SC and ST students is concerned, the limit is fixed at INR 2.5 LPA. If the student belongs to the OBC category, then his/her yearly family income does not have to exceed INR 1.5 LPA.
- The aspirant cannot be holding any other state-funded or centrally-funded scholarship to be eligible
Jharkhand Scholarships: How to Apply?
Refer to the following details for information about the Application process for the Jharkhand state Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships.
- You have to first visit the official website of the Department of Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes and Minority Groups and Backward Class Welfare Department which functions under the Jharkhand state, https://ekalyan.cgg.gov.in/Login.do
- Once here, locate and then tap the “Services and Schedule” tab; and select “Schools Services & Schedule (Pre-Matric)” or “Candidate Services & Schedule (Post-Matric)”, whichever is applicable
- On the following page, you have to tap the “Candidate Registration & Login” tab, and then, the system will showcase the Online Registration Form
- Follow by filling in the fields of the Registration Form, after which you will receive your login details via SMS or email
- You should continue by clicking the “Login” tab for accessing the Online Application Form via your login credentials
- Subsequently, you have to furnish all the mandatory information along with uploading scanned copies of your documents
- Finally, check all details in your application and thereafter click on the “Submit” tab
- Candidates are required to keep a print copy of their Jharkhand state Scholarship application for later reference
Jharkhand Scholarships: Mandatory Documents
The list of documents that applicants should submit when applying for Jharkhand state scholarships are as follows:
- A copy of Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate copy
- A copy of Caste Certificate
- Passport-sized pictures
- Bank Account Passbook copy
- Copy of Address Proof