Manipur Scholarship: The Government of the Indian state of Manipur, through its Department of Education, introduces a series of schemes for meritorious students each year. They also issue notifications mentioning all the Scholarship Application details, such as eligibility norms, deadlines for submitting applications, and the online application process.
Candidates can apply for the Manipur state scholarships via the State Scholarship Portal of the Department of Education under the Government of Manipur. However, you must first read all the application guidelines. And only upon fulfilling the eligibility criteria, you are encouraged to apply.
You must also note that applying before the given deadline is mandatory. The authorities do not accept applications after the deadline expiry.
Herein we discuss the Merit Scholarship Scheme for Class X and Class XII passed students of the Department of Education working under the Manipur State Government.
Manipur Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
Merit Scholarships are granted to students who secure passing marks in the Class X examination of the Board of Secondary Education of Manipur and Class XII exam held by the Council of Higher Secondary Education of Manipur.
The eligibility norms for the Manipur State Government scholarships are discussed below:
- Class X Passed Students
The top 300 students passing the Class X examination from the Board of Secondary Education of Manipur will receive scholarships worth INR 6000 per annum. Besides that, more 50 students will be put on the waiting list in case other eligible applicants refuse or do not avail the scholarships.
- Class XII Passed Students
The meritorious students who pass the Class XII examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education of Manipur will receive scholarships worth INR 12000 per year. Deserving candidates include 125 students each from the Science stream and the Social Sciences field and 50 students from the Commerce domain. Additionally, the names of more 50 students (including 25 students from the Science stream and 25 students from the Arts domain) will appear in the waiting list in case selected applicants do not avail the scholarships.
Other Eligibility Norms
- The applicant should not have full-time employment
- He/she should not have any other scholarship
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam in the previous year do not qualify
- The Scholarship is renewable year after year for the subsequent education years
- The Scholarship will stand cancelled if the student does not complete the course, or changes the course of study, without the sanction of the Manipur State Government
- The time period of scholarship to the meritorious students who pass Class X and Class XII will be valid for 2 years and 3 years respectively.
Manipur Scholarships: Application Process
The step-by-step process for applying for the Manipur Scholarships is given below:
- The first step is the Registration process via the official web portal of the State Scholarship Portal of the Government of Manipur, http://scholarship.mdmmanipur.in/Default.aspx
- To register, locate the “New User/Register” tab on the home page of the official portal and click on it
- Provide all the mandatory Registration details for the system to generate your “User ID” and “Password”
- After getting registered, you have to log in to your account
- Then, in case of Fresh Application, you have to click on the “APPLY FOR MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR CLASS X AND CLASS XII PASSED STUDENTS (Fresh)” link
- For “Renewal of Application” cases, you should tap on the “RENEWAL OF MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR CLASS X AND CLASS XII PASSED STUDENTS” tab
- Subsequently, proceed by selecting your “Scholarship Type” from the given list
- As your next step, upload the mandatory list of documents
- Upon completing the application requirements, take a print copy of your application for your records
Manipur Scholarships: Documents Required
Submit the following list of documents when applying for the Manipur State Government Scholarships.
- Marksheet copy of qualifying examination
- Aadhaar Card document
- School Joining Report copy
- Bank Authorization Letter Copy
- Copy of Income Affidavit
- Latest Photograph