Meghalaya Scholarships: The Meghalaya State Government of India, while working in tandem with its Department of Education, launches a series of scholarship schemes for students every year. These include Pre-Matric scholarships and Post-Matric scholarships for students belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. Also, the Meghalaya Government issues notifications regarding the different scholarship schemes.
Through such scholarship programs, students receive financial assistance to complete their education. This helps to reduce the financial burden on the families of students coming from poor backgrounds.
Applicants who want to apply for the Meghalaya State Government scholarships should study all the stipulated guidelines and apply accordingly. It is also important to submit your application within the given timeline. Besides, aspirants are advised to provide correct information; if they submit incorrect info, their applications will be rejected.
Let us now study about the various scholarships granted by the Meghalaya State Government.
Meghalaya Scholarships: Different Types
The Meghalaya State Government offers the below-listed scholarship programs.
- Pre-Matric Scholarships to Students from Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes
The objective of this scheme is to support parents of SC/ST children who are studying in Classes IX and X.
- Post-Matric Scholarship to Students from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
This scheme aims to provide financial aid to SC and ST students enrolled in Post-Matric courses.
Meghalaya Scholarships: Eligibility Norms
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Meghalaya state sponsorships are seen below:
- He/she must belong to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, whichever is applicable
- The yearly income of the student’s family from all sources does not have to exceed INR 2 lakh when applying for Pre-Matric Scholarships and INR 2.5 Lakh when applying for Post-Matric scholarships.
- The candidate cannot be availing any Centrally-funded scholarship
- Only youngsters studying in full-time courses in government or government-recognized schools can apply
- The scholarship is available only for 1 year of study; in case the student fails the class, he/she will not get scholarship for the 2nd year
Meghalaya Scholarships: How to Apply?
To apply for the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships offered by the Department of Education under the Meghalaya State Government, you have to browse the official website, http://megeducation.gov.in/index.html. On the website home page, you have to locate and then tap the “Download Scholarship Forms” link. On the following page, you have to select the applicable Scholarship form and take a print copy of the same. Different forms for “Fresh Applications” and “Renewal Applications” are provided. Fill out all the mandatory fields in the Application Form in the prescribed format.
You have to submit the filled-out application form, along with the following list of documents, to the Head of the Institution before the deadline expiry.
- Attested copies of degrees, diplomas, and certificates of all examinations passed
- Income Declaration copy
- A copy of Caste Certificate
- Latest Photograph