Mizoram Scholarship 2023: The Mizoram State Government of India offers a host of scholarship schemes for youngsters studying in the state-based government schools every year. Through notifications, they inform people about their different scholarship programs.
The eligible applicants for Mizoram State Government scholarships include students belonging to the impoverished sections of society in the state. By availing scholarships, students from poor backgrounds get the much-needed financial assistance for completing their education. Apart from that, the objective of the Mizoram Government to increase the literacy rate in the state is fulfilled.
While applying for the Mizoram State Government Scholarships, candidates are advised to study all the instructions given in the notifications on the official website of the Mizoram Scholarship Board of the Government of Mizoram, https://msb.mizoram.gov.in/.More so, they should submit their applications only upon meeting the prescribed eligibility norms. Also, they have to apply within the stipulated timeline.
Refer to the following details to know more about the Mizoram State Government Scholarships.
Mizoram Scholarships: Different Types
Herein you can find information about the various Mizoram State Government Scholarships for Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Tribes Students in Classes IX and X
ST students who are enrolled in Classes XI and X are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the State Government work on a 90:10 funding pattern to implement this scheme.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Tribes Students
Through this scholarship scheme, students hailing from Scheduled Tribes categories get financial aid for enrollment in Post-Matric courses.
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Students belonging to Scheduled Caste
This scheme aims to financially support SC students admitted in Classes XI and X for increasing their participation in Pre-Matric classes.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Students belonging to Scheduled CasteCommunity
SC students can obtain financial aid for pursuing Post-Matric courses through this scholarship scheme.
Mizoram Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for applying to the Mizoram State Government Scholarships are discussed below:
- Only permanent residents of the Indian state of Meghalaya should apply
- The applicant’s parents should have an annual income of up to Rs 2.5 lakh from all sources
- Students who hail from the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes categories must apply, depending on the scholarship that he/she is applying to
- In case of Pre-Matric scholarships, students who are admitted in Classes 9 and 10 are eligible; where Post-Matric scholarships are concerned, students enrolled in Class XI up to Post-Doctoral-level can apply
Mizoram Scholarships: List of Documents
Applicants have to submit the below-mentioned list of documents:
- Aadhaar Card copy
- Copy of previous year’s exam marksheet
- Scheduled Tribe Certificate or Scheduled Caste Certificate
- Permanent Resident Proof
- Income Certificate copy
Mizoram Scholarships: How to Apply?
- Application Process for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Tribes Students
Applicants can apply via the Mizoram Scholarship Board Portal, https://scholarships.mizoram.gov.in/ during the months July to September.
- Students who are studying inside the Mizoram State
They have to fill in the mandatory fields in the Online Application Form and submit their applications online. Then, they should submit a print copy of their online application, and the requisite documents, to the respective Institute/College/School for verification purposes.
- Students who are studying outside the Mizoram State
Submit a hard copy of the filled-out Application Form, and mandatory documents, to the Mizoram Scholarship Board for online and offline verification.
- Application Process for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for Scheduled Castes Students
Offline applications are invited between the months July and September from eligible candidates. You can collect the Application Form from the Mizoram Scholarship Board during office hours.
Fill out all the compulsory fields in the Application Form. Then, submit the hard copy of the application form, and mandatory documents, to the Mizoram Scholarship Board for verification purposes and further submission to the stipulated Ministries.