Maharashtra Scholarship: The Maharashtra State Government of India, through its various departments, introduces a range of scholarship schemes for increasing the literacy rate in the state every year. Also, a host of Post-Matric scholarships are offered for youngsters belonging to the impoverished sections of society. Students hailing from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are among the beneficiaries of such schemes. Through scholarships, they can get financial aid for enrolling in Post-Matric courses.
Students from poor backgrounds cannot afford the high fees for pursuing higher studies. Here, the Maharashtra Government provides the necessary financial assistance to help them obtain quality education.
However, applicants who want to apply for the Maharashtra State Government scholarship schemes are advised to read the eligibility norms thoroughly. Besides, only eligible candidates should submit their applications for the Maharashtra state scholarship programs. In addition to that, aspirants are advised to apply in the stipulated format. You must also remember that your application can get rejected if you provide incorrect information or do not follow the given instructions.
We will now study more about the Maharashtra State Government Scholarship programs herein.
Maharashtra Scholarships: Different Types
We discuss the different types of Post Matric scholarships that the Maharashtra State Government offers below:
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Castes
The Social Justice and Special Assistance Department working under the Maharashtra State Government designs this scheme for SC students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Tribes
The Tribal Development Department which comes under the Maharashtra State Government offers this scheme for ST students.
Maharashtra Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for the Maharashtra State Government scholarships are discussed below:
- The aspirant has to belong to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, which depends on the scholarship that he/she is applying to
- He/she has to be a permanent resident of the Indian state of Maharashtra
- The applicant should have passed his/her SSC examination
- The family income of the student has to be within the INR 2.5 lakh limit
Maharashtra Scholarships: Application Process
Refer to the below-mentioned details for information about how to apply for the Maharashtra State Government scholarships:
- You have to first visit the official website of MahaDBT, https://mahadbt.maharashtra.gov.in/Home/Index.
- Next, you should click on Post-Matric Scholarships, after which the system will display a list of schemes
- Click on the scheme that you want to apply for; thereafter, the scheme details will appear on the screen
- Subsequently, you have to Register on the portal by tapping the “New Applicant Registration” tab
- Submit all mandatory details in the Registration Form and click on the “Register” tab thereafter
- Following successful Registration, you will receive your “Username” and “Password”; note down these details
- You have to continue by selecting the “Applicant Login” tab to sign in to your account via your login credentials
- This done, the system exhibits the List of Schemes and you have to click on the “Apply” tab of the scholarship scheme you are applying to
- Thereon, you have to provide all the compulsory Application details and upload the requisite list of documents
- Your subsequent step is to check all details in your Application before submission
- If no changes are required, go ahead and submit your application
Maharashtra Scholarships: List of Documents
The list of documents to be submitted when applying for Maharashtra scholarships is discussed in the following details:
- Copy of both Income Certificate and Caste Certificate
- SSC Exam Marksheet or HSC Exam Marksheet
- Identity Documents, including Aadhaar Card, Voter Card
- Bank details