Odisha Scholarships 2023: The Government of Odisha launches a series of schemes for students admitted in the government schools of the state every year. Among the scholarships that the Odisha State Government of India, while working in partnership with its various departments, offers are the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships for students belonging to the backward classes.
The Odisha State Government has provisions for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for Economically Backward Classes (EBCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) / Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBCs).
By offering scholarships, the Odisha Government attempts to increase the literacy rate in the state. Many students hailing from poor backgrounds have financial constraints; and hence,they do not complete their education. Here, the Odisha State Government provides the much-needed financial help to enable them to enroll in the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric classes.
The Odisha State Government releases notifications announcing the different scholarship programs on the Odisha State Scholarship Portal. Eligible applicants are invited to apply for these scholarships.
We will now move on to learning more about the scholarships offered by the Odisha Government.
Odisha Scholarships: How to Check Eligibility?
Students from the economically-backward classes of society in the Odisha state are the eligible beneficiaries of the Odisha State Government. They can check their eligibility via the following steps:
- As your first step, you have to visit the official web portal, https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/home
- Now, locate the “Schemes & Eligibility” tab on the portal home page and click on it
- You can then check all the schemes and their eligibility norms listed under the different departments
Odisha Scholarships: How to Apply?
When applying for the Odisha scholarships listed on the Odisha State Scholarship Portal, you have to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website and browse the home page for the “Registration” tab and tap on it
- As part of the Registration process, you have to submit your “Aadhaar Card Number”, among other details
- Upon successful registration, you will receive your login details, including your “Login ID” and “Password” via your Mobile Number and/or Email Address
- Continue by signing in to your account with your login credentials and navigating to the “Application” tab
- Now, you have to select among the different scholarships via Class, Department, Category, among others
- The system will then display a list of scholarships and you have to choose the relevant one
- The subsequent step entails filling out the Online Application Form
- Thereafter, you have to tap the “Save” button and subsequently the “Next” tab
- Now, you can Preview your application and make any changes
- If the information is correct, proceed by clicking on the “Submit” link, which marks the end of the application process
- Applicants are advised to keep a print copy of their applications for future reference
- You are required to submit a print copy of your Application, as well as the mandatory documents, to the Institute.
Odisha Scholarships: Mandatory Documents
The compulsory list of documents to submit for applying to the Odisha Scholarships are:
- Income Certificate copy
- Copy of Caste Certificate
- Aadhaar Card document
- EducationalCertificates of previous examinations
- A copy of Domicile Certificate
- Special Category Certificate copy
- Bank passbook first page copy