About Karnataka Scholarships: The Government of the Indian state of Karnataka declares a host of scholarships for youngsters hailing from impoverished categories of society in the state every year. Among these are Post-Matric Scholarships, whereby the eligible applicants receive the requisite funds for pursuing Post-Matric programs.
Also, the beneficiaries of Karnataka state government scholarships include students from Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes, and Minority Groups (including Sikhs, Christians, Muslims, Parsis, Jains, and Buddhists).
Candidates interested in applying for Karnataka state government scholarships are encouraged to apply only upon meeting the stipulated eligibility norms. Besides, they are advised to read all guidelines thoroughly before application submission.
It is also important to note that candidates must provide only correct information; if you submit incorrect details, your application will be rejected. In addition to that, make sure to apply before the given timeline.
You can learn more about the Karnataka scholarships via the following details.
Karnataka Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The various eligibility norms for the Karnataka state government scholarships are studied below:
- The aspirant is required to be a domicile holder of the Karnataka state of India
- The annual family income of the family of the student must not be over INR 2.5 LPA
- He/she should be belonging to the OBCs, SCs, or STs, depends on which scholarship they are applying to
- The applicant cannot be availing any other state-funded or centrally-funded scholarship scheme
Karnataka Scholarships: Application Process
Herein we discuss the step-by-step process for applying for the Karnataka state government scholarships.
- The first step for applicants who are applying for Karnataka scholarships includes visiting the official website of the State Scholarship Portal (SSP) and creating an account
- It is important to note that Registration on the KUTUMBA portal is compulsory for availing SSP benefits
- Candidates with KUTUMBA ID can go ahead and register on the SSP platform; you can check your KUTUMBA ID via the official portal of the KUTUMBA services of the Karnataka government, https://kutumba-services.karnataka.gov.in/KutumbaServices.
- For students without a KUTUMBA ID, they have to get registered on the KUTUMBA portal to get their ID before applying.
- Following that, go ahead and create your account on the SSP portal through the “Click Here to Create New Account” tab on the home page
- Furnish all the compulsory fields for Registration, after which you will receive your “Login ID” and “Password”
- Next, you have to sign in to your account with your login credentials and tap the “Apply for Post Matric Scholarship” option
- Thereafter, the system displays the list of application instructions for you to follow
- After reading all the guidelines, proceed by filling out the Application details
- Besides that, you are required to complete e-Attestation of the mandatory list of documents
- Subsequently, you must review your application; if no changes are needed, you should submit your application
- Maintaining a print copy of your application is mandatory for your records
Karnataka Scholarships: Mandatory Documents
Refer to the below-mentioned details for the list of documents to be uploaded while applying for the Karnataka state government scholarships.
- Aadhaar Card copy of the student
- Both Caste Certificate and Income Certificate that are issued by the Revenue Department
- Board/University Registration Number
- SSLC Registration ID/Number and Year of Passing