Nagaland Scholarships: The Nagaland Government of India, under its Directorate of Higher Education, invites applications for Post-Matric scholarships for students hailing from the Scheduled Tribes each year. Moreover, both Fresh Applications and Renewal Applications are permissible as per the Nagaland State Government guidelines. The funding pattern of such scholarships includes 90% from the Ministry of Tribal Affairs of the Government of Nagaland and 10% from the Government of Nagaland.
The Nagaland Government offers Post-Matric scholarships to students belonging to the Scheduled Tribes to increase their participation in Post-Matriculation studies, which in turn raises the literacy rate in the state.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the Nagaland State Government Scholarships are advised to read the guidelines in the notifications. If they fulfill the eligibility norms, they must apply in the stipulated format and within the given deadline. Applicants must also not provide incorrect information in the Application Form; their applications will be rejected, otherwise.
Read on to know more about the Nagaland State Government Post-Matric Scholarships.
Nagaland Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms to apply for the Nagaland Government Scholarship Schemes are discussed below:
- The applicant has to have domicile status of the Indian state of Nagaland
- He/she has to come under the Scheduled Tribes category of Nagaland
- The aspirant has to be studying in a Post-Matric Class, which is above Class 10, in a government or government-recognized institution
- The applicant’s yearly family income must not exceed the upper limit of INR 2.5 lakh
- Students who fail their last year’s exam are not eligible to apply
- The candidate cannot be the beneficiary of any other scholarship scheme
- In case of Classes 11 and 12, the candidate is required to pass in subjects such as Science, Maths, English, Alternate English or Microsoft Intermediate Language (MIL), and Social Sciences.
Nagaland Scholarships: Documents Needed
Among the list of documents when applying for the Nagaland State Government scholarships are:
- Copies of Class 10 Admit Card and Mark Sheet
- Copies of Scheduled Tribe Category Certificates and Indigenous Certificates issued by the relevant authority
- Original Income Certificate Copy (in case of Fresh Applicants)
- Copy of the Bank Passbook first page
- Recent photograph copy
- A copy of the Aadhaar Card
- Admission Fee Receipt copy
Nagaland Scholarships: How to Apply?
The detailed process to apply for the Nagaland State Government Scholarships is given herein:
- Go to the official portal of the DoHE of the Nagaland State Government, https://highereducation.nagaland.gov.in/; and read the Notification regarding Post Matric scholarships for Scheduled Tribes category students
- Now, begin by browsing the official portal of the Common Scholarship Portal, https://scholarship.nagaland.gov.in/
- Browse the website homepage and locate the “Register” tab, which you should tap on
- The screen will display the Online Registration Form that you have to fill in with details such as “Email Address” and “Password”
- Proceed by clicking on the “Register” tab to complete the Registration Process
- You will then have to log into your account with your “Email ID” and “Password” as submitted in the Online Registration Form
- Upon logging in to your account, you have to complete the Application Process, which includes filling out the Online Application Form and uploading the requisite documents
- Thereon, you have to check all details in your Application and then tap on the “Submit” tab
- Ensure you maintain a print copy of your Application for record purposes