Bihar Scholarship 2023: The Government of the Bihar state of India has provisions for a range of scholarships. Students hailing from unprivileged backgrounds are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Youngsters belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Economically Backward, and Other Backward Classes are encouraged to submit their applications for Bihar state scholarships. The selected candidates get financial assistance via scholarships to pursue higher studies.
On merit basis, the Bihar government authorities grant scholarships to eligible students. Applications of candidates who are not eligible for scholarships will be rejected. Thus, make sure to read all instructions thoroughly and apply only if you satisfy the stipulated criteria.
We will study more about Bihar state scholarships in the following details.
Bihar Sponsorships 2023: Different Types
- Post Matric Scholarship for BC-EBC Bihar Scholarship
Students belonging to the Economically-Backward and Other Backward Classes can avail this Post-Matric scholarship scheme.
- ST and SC Post Matric Bihar Scholarship
Students from the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes categories are eligible for this scholarship program.
Bihar Sponsorships 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for the Post-Matric scholarships for EBCs, SCs, STs, and BCs are seen below:
- Only aspirants who are permanent residents of the Bihar state of India should apply
- He/she should be studying in a Post-Matric class and course in any government-recognized educational institution
- The student has to belong to the EBC, BC, SC, or ST category, whichever applies.
- The yearly income of the student’s family must not exceed Rs 1.5 lakh in case of Post Matric Scholarship for BC-EBC Bihar Scholarship and Rs 2.5 lakh in case of ST and SC Post Matric Bihar Scholarship.
- Students who are already receiving the benefits of a government-aided scholarship cannot apply
Eligibility Criteria: How to apply?
Here are the steps on how to apply for Post-Matric Scholarships for the Bihar state of India.
- The official website of the Post Matric Scholarship of the Education Department of the Indian state of Bihar is https://pmsonline.bih.nic.in/pmsedu/(S(r1qh455cknbmcr4kxsr51k1x))/PMS/Default.aspx. Candidates should first go to the home page of this web link.
- Subsequently, you have to click on the “SC & ST Students Click Here to Apply for Post-Matric Scholarship” or “BC & EBC Students Click Here to Apply for Post-Matric Scholarship”, whichever is applicable.
- Thereafter, you have to click on the “New Registration” tab for the Online Registration form to appear on the screen.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and tap on the “Submit” tab
- After registering successfully, you will receive your “User ID” and “Password”
- With your login details, you have to log in to your account via the “Login for Already Registered Students” link
- Next, you should access the Online Application Form and proceed by entering the compulsory details and uploading the requisite documents.
- Ensure to double-check all details in your scholarship application before submission
- It is mandatory to keep a print copy of your application for record purposes.
Bihar Sponsorships 2023: List of Documents
Herein you can find the list of documents to be submitted when applying for Bihar scholarships.
- Copy of Educational Certificates
- Copy of Domicile Certificate
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of Caste Certificate
- Copy of Income Proof
- Bank Account info
- Copy of Course payment receipt
- A passport-sized photograph