Gujarat Scholarship 2023: The Government of the Gujarat state of India makes available a range of scholarships to youngsters every year. Scholarships are offered to deserving students hailing from the backward classes. The Gujarat Government offers Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships to students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
The families of students hailing from economically-weak backgrounds cannot afford the fees for higher education. However, they can apply for Gujarat state scholarships, whereby they receive financial assistance for completing Pre-Matric and Post-Matric courses.
In this article, we will discuss the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Castes and Schedules Tribes of the Gujarat Government.
Gujarat Scholarships: Different Types
The various types of Gujarat Scholarships are studied herein:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Gujarat
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment working under the Gujarat Government provides this scholarship for students admitted in Class IX and Class X.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Gujarat
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment functioning under the Gujarat Government offers this scholarship to ST students who are studying in Classes 9 and 10.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Gujarat
The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment of the Gujarat state government has provisions for this scholarship for SC students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Gujarat
The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Gujarat Government of India, has launched this scholarship program for ST students who want to enroll in undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Gujarat Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
As far as the Gujarat state scholarships go, the eligibility norms include:
- The candidate has to belong to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes category, depending on the scholarship they are applying for
- The candidate’s parents’ annual income must not be more than Rs 2.5 LPA
- He/she must not be enrolled in any other scholarship program
- The aspirant has to be a domicile holder of the Indian state of Gujarat
- In case of Pre-Matric Scholarships, the candidate is required to be a full-time student in a Government school, a Government-recognized school, or a central/state board of Secondary Education. Where Post-Matric Scholarships are concerned, the applicant has to be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Postgraduate course.
Gujarat Scholarships: How to Apply?
Eligible candidates for the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships of the Gujarat state government can apply via the following steps:
- As your first step, you have to first go to the official website of Digital Gujarat, https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/GSSP/ScholarshipfrmMain1.aspx
- Now, read all the instructions for applying to the Gujarat state scholarships carefully
- Thereafter, locate the “Register” tab and click on the same.
- After that, the “Online Registration” form appears on the screen; proceed by entering the compulsory details to get registered
- This done, you become a Registered User and your subsequent step is to log in to your account via your Email ID or Mobile Number and Password
- Upon logging in to your account, you have to provide all the mandatory information and upload scanned copies of your documents
- When done, check all details in your application and make any changes, if required
- Finally, submit your application and keep a print copy of the same for your records
Gujarat Scholarships: List of Documents
Among the documents you have to submit when applying for Gujarat state scholarships include:
- Copy of School Leaving Certificate
- A copy of self-attested Caste Certificate
- Copy of Certificate of Previous Exam Year
- Bonafide Certificate from current school/college
- Fee receipt of Current Academic Year
- Applicant’s passport-sized photograph
- The first page of bank passbook or copy of cancelled cheque
- Aadhaar Card copy