About Kerala Scholarship: The Government of the Indian state of Kerala, through its Backward Classes Development Department, launches a series of scholarship schemes for youngsters from impoverished backgrounds in the state every year. Among the eligible candidates for the Kerala state scholarships are Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Other Eligible Communities (OECs). The OECs include the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. The official websites for the Kerala state government are https://egrantz.kerala.gov.in/ and http://bcdd.kerala.gov.in/en/home/.
Students hailing from economically-weaker sections of society cannot afford to pay higher education fees. Here, the Kerala state government, by offering scholarships, helps them to pursue higher studies.
Applicants who are interested in applying for the Kerala scholarships should apply before the stipulated deadline. Besides that, they are advised to read the given application guidelines thoroughly and apply accordingly. Note, if you do not submit your application in the given format, your application will be rejected.
Herein, we will discuss more about the Kerala state scholarships.
Kerala Scholarships: Different Types
The various types of Kerala state scholarships are seen below.
- OBC Pre-Matric Scholarships
The OBC Pre-Matric Scholarship of the Kerala state government includes 50% Central Government assistance. OBC students who are enrolled in government or government-funded schools from Classes 1 to 10 in the state can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- OEC Pre-Matric Educational Assistance
Any student belonging to the OEC category and studying in government schools from Class 1 up to Class 10 in the Kerala state is eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- OBC Pre-Matric Scholarships
Students hailing from the OBC categories, and admitted to Higher Secondary Schools in the Kerala state, are invited to apply for this scholarship scheme.
- OEC Post-Matric Scholarships
OEC Post-Matric students enrolled in undergraduate-level and post-graduate level courses in the Kerala state are encouraged to apply for this scholarship program.
Kerala Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for the Kerala state Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships are seen in the following details.
- The applicant has to hold domicile status of the Kerala state to be eligible
- Any aspirant applying for the OBC Pre-Matric or Post-Matric scholarships of the Kerala state must belong to the OBC division to qualify. On the other hand, OEC students applying for the Pre-Matric or Post-Matric Kerala scholarships have to belong to the OEC category to be eligible.
- The yearly income of the family of the applicant does not have to be over INR 2.5 lakh
Kerala Scholarships: Steps to Apply
Refer to the following details to know about the application process for the Kerala state government.
- Firstly, you have to visit the official websites of the Kerala state scholarships, http://bcdd.kerala.gov.in/en/home/ and https://egrantz.kerala.gov.in/.
- Visit the http://bcdd.kerala.gov.in/en/home/ website first to read the application details. Locate the “Schemes” tab on the web portal home page and select the “Educational Schemes” and relevant scholarship scheme from the submenus. Go through all the instructions and eligibility norms of the schemes.
- Eligible candidates are then required to go to the https://egrantz.kerala.gov.in/ for application submission.
- Search the home page for the “One Time Registration” tab and click on it
- On the following page, you have to register with your Aadhaar Card number and Name for the system to generate your Password
- After the registration process, continue by selecting the “Student Login” link for the login page to appear on the screen.
- Now, sign in to your account with your email ID/Aadhaar Card and Password.
- Upon logging in to your account, look for the Online Application Form
- The next step entails filling out the mandatory fields in the application form and uploading/submitting the requisite documents on the system
- As your last step, check all details in your application via the “Preview” option
- Make any changes (if required); and thereafter, submit your application
- Ensure to keep a print copy of your Kerala scholarship application for record purposes.
Kerala Scholarships: List of Documents
The list of documents to submit to apply for the Kerala state scholarships is discussed below.
- Copy of your Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate copy
- Copies of Educational documents, including Marksheets and Fee Receipts
- A copy of Caste Certificate
Details of bank account, including 1st page of bank passbook