Goa Scholarship: The Government of the Indian state of Goa, and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs functioning under the Central Government of India, collaborate to offer scholarships for both Pre-Matric courses and Post-Matric courses to students who are permanent residents of the Goa state. The Goa state scholarships are based on merit and academic excellence. By offering scholarships, the Goa government helps to maintain the high literacy of the Goa state.
Many youngsters cannot afford higher education fees, and the Government of Goa steps in to provide the requisite financial assistance to them for realizing their dream of obtaining a quality education.
Along with fresh scholarship applications, the Goa state government also considers the applications of candidates who have applied in the previous year.
We will be discussing the Pre-Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Castes, and Post-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Castes, of the Goa state in the following details.
Goa Scholarships: Different Types
The Pre-Matric Scholarships and Post-Matric Scholarships that the Goa state government provides are seen herein:
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for Minority Communities
The Central Ministry of Minority Affairs, in partnership with the Goa state government, offers scholarships for Pre-Matric classes, which include Class 9 and Class 10.
- Post-Matric Scholarships for Minority Communities
The Government of the Goa state of India, while collaborating with its Union Ministry of Minority Affairs, makes provisions for scholarships for Post-Matric courses, including from Class 11 up to Post-Doctoral levels, to eligible applicants.
Goa Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the below-listed details to know about the eligibility criteria for the Goa state scholarships.
- Candidates who are applying for Pre-Matric Scholarships are required to be studying from Class 1 up to Class 10 to be eligible
- Any student who is applying for Post-Matric Scholarships has to be admitted in Class 11, Class 12, Vocational courses, Graduate courses, Postgraduate courses, PhD programs, or MPhil courses
- The annual income of the candidate’s family has to be up to the threshold limit of Rs 2 lakh
- The aspirant has to belong to the Scheduled Castes to qualify
- The candidate does not have to be availing of any other Pre-Matric Scholarship or Post-Matric Scholarship funded by the Central Government
Goa Scholarships: Application Process
Follow the below-listed steps to apply for Goa state scholarships:
- Any applicant who wants to submit his/her application for the Goa state scholarships should first visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal, https://scholarships.gov.in/, to do so.
- On the web portal home page, you have to locate and then subsequently tap the “State Schemes” section.
- Next, you must select the “Goa” state from the given options
- Depending on whether you are applying for Pre-Matric Scholarship or Post-Matric Scholarship, you have to read the respective guidelines for the same.
- Proceed by locating the “Applicant Corner” on the website home page; and thereafter, click on “Fresh Application” or “Renewal Application”, whichever is applicable.
- On the following page, in case of a fresh application, you have to click on the “New Student? Register Here” option.
- Fill out the Online Registration Form with the mandatory details, after which you will receive your login credentials.
- The subsequent step (for both Fresh Applications and Renewal Applications) is to log in to your account and access the Online Application Form.
- Provide all the requisite details in the form and you have to also upload scanned copies of your documents
- As your final step, you have to check all details in your application and submit it
- Remember to maintain a print copy of your application for your records.
Goa Scholarships: List of Mandatory Documents
The list of required documents to apply for the Goa state scholarships is seen below:
- Copy of Residential proof
- Aadhaar Card copy
- A copy of the Family Annual Income certificate
- Caste Certificate copy
- Copy of College Fee Receipt
- A copy of the College ID
- Details of bank account
- Copy of Proof of Admission
- Date of Birth Certificate copy
- A latest passport-sized photograph
|Scheme Name||Scheme Closing Date||Defective Application Verification Date||Institute Verification||DNO/SNO/MNO Verification||Guidelines/FAQ|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME OF PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR NEEDY ST STUDENTS (CLASS IX & X) -GOA||Closed on 30-11-2022||Closed on 25-12-2022||Closed on 25-12-2022||Closed on 2023-01-05||Guidelines||FAQ|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME OF POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ST STUDENTS-GOA||Closed on 31-12-2022||Closed on 15-01-2023||Closed on 15-01-2023||Closed on 2023-01-31||Guidelines||FAQ|