Haryana Scholarship 2023: The Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department under the Government of Haryana launches a series of scholarship schemes for students belonging to the impoverished sections of society every year. They have provisions for Post Matric scholarships for eligible applicants. As part of these scholarships, the selected candidates receive funds for pursuing Post Matriculation courses through their bank accounts.
Youngsters from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are invited to apply for the Haryana Government scholarships. Students hailing from the economically weaker sections of society cannot afford the fees for pursuing higher studies. Here, the Haryana Government provides them the financial aid to help them enroll in the courses.
While applying to the Haryana Scholarship programs, candidates are advised to study all eligibility norms thoroughly. And they must apply for the scholarships only if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Moreover, they should submit the complete list of mandatory documents. Besides, they must apply before the stipulated timeline.
Herein we discuss the different scholarships of the Haryana state government.
Haryana Scholarships: Various Types
Refer to the below-mentioned details to know more about the Haryana state scholarships.
- Post Matric Scholarships for SC Students
Under this Scholarship scheme, Scheduled Caste students of the Haryana state can avail scholarships in Post Matric and Post Graduate courses.
- Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
For students from the Other Backward Classes having domicile status of Haryana, the Haryana Government has provisions for Post Matric Scholarships for enrollment in Post Matric courses.
Haryana Scholarships: Eligibility Norms
The eligibility criteria for the Post Matric Scholarships of the Haryana state government are studied below:
- The candidate is required to be a permanent resident of the Indian state of Haryana
- He/she has to belong to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, depending on which scholarship scheme they are applying to
- In case of Post Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Caste students, the yearly family income should not exceed Rs 2.5 LPA. Where students from the Other Backward Classes are concerned, the annual income of his/her family must not be more than Rs 1.5 LPA.
- The aspirant should not have been awarded any other scholarship
- The student has to be enrolled in a Post-Matriculation course
Haryana Scholarships: Application Process
To apply for the Haryana state scholarships, candidates have to submit their applications online, as seen below.