The Nagaland State Merit Scholarship 2023-24 is an opportunity presented by the Department of Higher Education under the Government of Nagaland. Among the eligible candidates for this scholarship program are students studying in Class XI up to postgraduate-level courses. The objective of this scholarship program is to increase the literacy rate among students in the state by extending the requisite financial support to cover students’ academic-related fees. The students can avail the scholarship money to continue their higher studies.
Click here for the comprehensive scholarship guidelines.
Nagaland State Merit Scholarship 2023-24: Eligibility Norms
To be eligible, the candidate has to:
- Hold domicile status of the Indian state of Nagaland
- Be pursuing a Postmatric-level course in a government-recognized institution
- The academic requirements of the different student categories are listed herein:
(For Fresh Applications)
For Class 11 and first-year Diploma Course students: The applicant has to secure at least 80% in Class X; marks of the best five subjects in Class 10 will be calculated for selection.
For first-year Bachelor’s Course students: The candidate should have scored minimum 80% in Class XII; his/her marks of the best five subjects in Class XII will be considered.
For second-year Engineering Course (Lateral Entry) students: He/she is required to score at least 80% marks in the Diploma course; the student’s marks in all papers of all the Diploma course semesters will be taken into consideration.
For first-year Postgraduate-level course students: The student should have secured minimum 70% marks in the UG course; his/her marks in all papers of all the semesters of the undergraduate-level course will be considered.
Nagaland State Merit Scholarship 2023-24: Benefits
The shortlisted candidates will receive the required financial help to pursue higher studies
Nagaland State Merit Scholarship 2023-24: Document List
The below-mentioned documents are mandatory to submit:
- Copies of College Admit Card
- Copies of Marksheets from Class 10 exams and above
- Copies of Student’s Indigenous Certificate and Scheduled Tribe Category Certificate
- Copy of College Admission Receipt
- Copy of Institute’s Registration / Affiliation Certificate
- Copy of the applicant’s bank passbook first page
- Copy of Student’s Aadhaar Card
Nagaland State Merit Scholarship 2023-24 Application Process
Herein you can find information on the various steps to apply for this scholarship scheme:
- As your initial step, go to the official web portal, Common Scholarship Portal Nagaland
- Locate the “Register” tab on the home page and complete the registration process
- Following that, you will receive your login details
- After registration, go on to tap the “Login” tab and sign in to your account
- Access the Online Application Form and provide all the required information; also, submit the compulsory documents
- Print a copy of your application, attach the necessary documents, and mail your entire application to the Office of the Department of Higher Education of the Government of Nagaland: The Scholarship Section, the Directorate of Higher Education, Below the New Secretariat Complex, Nagaland, Kohima 797001.
Nagaland State Merit Scholarship 2023-24: Last Date to Apply
Candidates have to submit their applications latest by 31st October 2023.
Application Deadline – 31 October 2023
Email Helpline: email@example.com
Toll Free No: (+91) 8929307387