The BPL Scholarship Scheme for College Students Chhattisgarh 2023 is being offered by the Department of Higher Education of the State Government of Chhattisgarh. Students admitted in UG or PG programs in the government colleges of the Chhattisgarh state are eligible to apply. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from families belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category. The students can use the scholarship money to fund their daily expenses while they are studying. The shortlisted applicants will receive a scholarship of up to INR 500 for 10 months.
BPL Scholarship Scheme for College Students Chhattisgarh 2023: Eligibility Norms
Refer to the following details to know the eligibility criteria for this scholarship program:
- He/she has to be admitted to any government college in the Chhattisgarh state
- The candidate’s guardian should hold a BPL Card
- The applicant is required to have passed the annual exam in the first attempt
- The student should have a good school/college attendance record
Note: The student cannot be availing the benefit of any other scholarship scheme.
BPL Scholarship Scheme for College Students Chhattisgarh 2023: Rewards
The benefits offered under the scheme include:
- For undergraduate-level courses: INR 300 per month
- For postgraduate-level courses: INR 500 per month
Note: The scholarship can be renewed for the subsequent study years. As part of this scholarship, admission fees, tuition fees, caution money, and other extra expenses are not covered.
BPL Scholarship Scheme for College Students Chhattisgarh 2023: List of Compulsory Documents
Candidates must submit the below-mentioned documents:
- Copy of Student’s bank passbook
- Copies of Educational Certificates and Marksheets
- Copies of Family BPL Card and Aadhaar card
BPL Scholarship Scheme for College Students Chhattisgarh 2023: How to apply?
Candidates should apply via the following instructions:
- Your first step is to go to the National Scholarship Portal
- Look for the “Applicant Corner” and select the “New Registration” tab from the submenu
- Study the instructions thoroughly and click the checkbox, after which you should tap the “Continue” tab
- Provide all the mandatory details to complete the registration process; the system then generates your unique “Application ID” and “Password”
- Go on to tap the “Fresh Application” tab and sign in with your login credentials (Note: if you are a second-year or third-year student, apply under the “Renewal” category if you have been awarded a BPL scholarship in the first year)
- Once you sign in, access the online application form and fill in the given fields
- Go ahead and upload the relevant documents
- Check all details in your application and make any corrections, if needed
- Subsequently, submit your application
BPL Scholarship Scheme for College Students Chhattisgarh 2023: Application Deadline
Only applications received latest by 30th November 2023 will be considered.
Email Helpline: helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in
Toll Free No: 0120 – 6619540