Chhattisgarh Scholarship: The Government of the Chhattisgarh state of India offers a host of scholarship programs to students who are enrolled in the private and government schools in the state. The Chhattisgarh state government scholarships are meant for youngsters hailing from the impoverished sections of society. These include Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC), Economically Backward Class (EBC), and Other Backward Class (BC).
Scholarships are granted by the Chhattisgarh government for Post-Matric courses. The concerned authorities issue notifications mentioning all the details about the scholarship schemes, including the eligibility criteria. Applicants are advised to read the given guidelines and apply only if they meet the stipulated norms. Moreover, applicants are required to apply within the given timeline; else, their applications will not be accepted.
Eligible candidates should browse the official website of the Post Matric Scholarship portal of the ST & SC Development Department Portal of the Chhattisgarh state government to submit their applications.
Refer to the following details to know more about the Post-Matric scholarships that the Chhattisgarh government provides.
Chhattisgarh Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Post Matric Scholarships of the Chhattisgarh government for SC/ST/OBC/EBC students are shared below:
- He/she must have domicile status of the Chhattisgarh state of India
- The aspirant has to belong to the ST/SC/OBC/EC categories to be eligible to apply
- The applicant has to be enrolled in a Post-Matriculation program in a government-recognized institute
- The yearly income of the student’s family must not be over Rs 2.5 Lakh where SC/ST candidates are concerned and Rs 1 lakh as far as OBC applicants go
Chhattisgarh Scholarships: Application Process
You can find details about the application process for the Chhattisgarh state scholarships via the following details.
- You have to first go to the official web link of the Post Matric Scholarship portal of the SC/ST Development Department working under the Chhattisgarh government, https://postmatric-scholarship.cg.nic.in/.
- Here, search for the “Student’s Corner” section and then tap the “Register Yourself” tab therein.
- When done, you will be able to view the Online Registration Form; continue by submitting the requisite registration details, and then, you will get your “User ID” and “Password”.
- Make a note of your login details after successful registration
- Your subsequent step is to tap on the “Login” tab appearing in the “Student’s Corner” sub-menu.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to the login page, where you have to input your “User ID” and “Password”
- After entering your correct login details, the system will showcase the Online Application Form on the screen
- Subsequently, you are required to enter the mandatory details and upload scanned copies of the requisite documents.
- Check all details in your application and make any changes, if required
- Once you cross-check all application details, go ahead and submit your application
- Always maintain a print copy of your Chhattisgarh Scholarship application for reference purposes
Chhattisgarh Scholarships: List of Documents
Among documents to upload when applying for the Chhattisgarh government scholarships include:
- A copy of Caste Certificate
- A copy of Aadhaar Card
- A copy of Income Certificate
- A copy of Admission Receipt
- A copy of Residential Address proof
- A copy of Marksheet and other Educational Certificates
- A copy of your Bank Passbook page mentioning your bank account details
- Latest passport-sized photograph