Himachal Pradesh Scholarship: The Himachal Pradesh State Government of India launches an array of scholarships for students hailing from poor backgrounds in the state every year. They have provisions for Post-Matric Scholarships for the Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes. Through these scholarships, the eligible candidates receive the necessary funding for paying fees for pursuing higher education.
It is important to remember that the Himachal Pradesh state government issues notifications regarding its various scholarships. Applicants seeking scholarships are advised to read the eligibility norms and other guidelines thoroughly and apply in the given format. Moreover, they must submit their applications only if they meet the stipulated eligibility criteria.
We discuss more about the Himachal Pradesh scholarships in the below-mentioned details
Himachal Pradesh Scholarships: Various Types
Herein you can find information about the different Post-Matric scholarships of the Himachal Pradesh state government.
- Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for SC Students
This HP State Government scholarship is open for the top 1250 meritorious students who have passed the Matric Examination from the HP Board of School Education. The candidates have to belong to the Scheduled Castes.
- Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for OBC Students
OBC Students belonging to the Other Backward Classes can apply for this scholarship program. The HP Government provides these scholarships to 1000 top deserving candidates who have passed the Matric Examination of the HP Board of School Education.
Himachal Pradesh Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the following details to know about the eligibility norms of the Himachal Pradesh state government scholarships.
- Only permanent residents of the Himachal Pradesh state are eligible to apply
- He/she must belong to the Scheduled Castes or Other Backward Classes, with respect to the sponsorship they are applying for
- The aspirant should not hold any other scholarships to qualify
Himachal Pradesh Scholarships: Application Process
The application process for the HP State Government Scholarships is studied below:
- Start by visiting the official web portal of the Higher Education Department of the Government of Himachal Pradesh, http://hpepass.cgg.gov.in
- Next, you have to locate the “Apply Online” tab, which is seen below the “Official Login” tab
- The system then displays the HP Scholarship Application Guidelines.
- Study all the given instructions and select the empty boxes and select the “Proceed to Registration/Login page” tab
- If you are a first-time user, you should click on the “Register” tab and then the Online Registration Form appears on the screen
- Fill out the mandatory Registration Form details; click on “Submit” when done
- Upon successful registration, the system will generate a unique Login ID and Password, which are your login credentials
- Subsequently, you have to login to your account with your login details and then the Online Application Form comes up on the screen
- Your subsequent step entails filling out the Online Application Form; you even have to upload scanned copies of your documents
- As your final step, check all details in your application; make any changes, if needed
- Thereafter, submit your application and keep a print copy of the same
- In case any candidate is reapplying for scholarships, they must directly log in to their account and complete the rest of the application formalities
Himachal Pradesh Scholarships: Documents Required
The list of documents required for applying for the Himachal Pradesh state scholarships is given below:
- Aadhaar Card copy
- A copy of Caste Certificate
- Copy of Income Certificate
- Bank Account info
- Copies of the previous year’s exam mark sheet
- Receipts of Fee Payment
- Bonafide Certificate issued by the relevant State Board