The APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) Kerala 2023 is an initiative of the Department of Minority Welfare that comes under the Government of Kerala. Students from the minority communities of the Kerala state who are pursuing 3-year diploma courses are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The objective of this scholarship is to financially support students from the underprivileged sections of society in completing the Diploma courses offered by the government and government-funded Polytechnic institutes. The scholars will be entitled to receive INR 6000 per year to cover academic fees.
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Among the eligibility norms of the APJ Abdul Kalaam Scholarship (APJAK) Kerala 2023 are:
- The student has to have domicile status of the Kerala state
- He/she must belong to a minority community, including Parsis, Sikh, Christian, Muslim, and Jains
- The candidate is required to have completed Class XII and must be pursuing a 3-year Diploma program from government Polytechnic institutes
- The annual family income of the aspirant does not have to be more than INR 8 lakhs per annum
- The candidate must belong to one of the minority communities or the non-creamy layer
- Having a bank account in a National Bank is a mandatory requirement
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023: Rewards
The shortlisted candidates will receive financial support of INR 6000 per annum.
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023: List of Mandatory Documents
The applicants should submit the following list of documents as part of their scholarship application:
- Copies of academic documents, including mark sheets and certificates
- Income Certificate Copy
- Copy of Domicile Certificate
- Copy of Caste Certificate
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023: Features
The various features of the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023 are seen herein:
- The selected candidates will receive a scholarship grant of INR 6000 per annum for their academic expenses
- The BPL community candidates will get preference
- In case no candidate of the BPL category is left, then students who come under the non-creamy layer of minority communities will be considered
- The scholarship is to be distributed among the Muslim and Minority Communities in the ratio of 80:20
- There will be 30% reservation for female students
- The selection of students will ensue on merit basis
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023: How to Apply?
Herein you can find information about the application process for the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023:
- Go to the official web link of the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023, click here
- Navigate to the “APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship(APJAK)” link and select the “Instructions” tab from the sub-menu.
- Read all the given instructions thoroughly
- Tap the “Apply Online” tab for the system to be directed to the Registration Page.
- After you provide all the Registration details, the system will generate your login details
- Browse the home page and tap the “Candidate Login” tab, at which point the system prompts you for your login credentials, including “Registration ID” and “Password”
- Enter all the requisite details to access the Online Application Form
- Furnish all the compulsory details and upload the required documents
- Always preview your application and make any changes, if required
- After checking all details, submit your application online, and keep a print copy of the same for future reference
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023: Application Deadline
The last date to apply for the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) 2023 is 25th October 2023.
Application Deadline – 25 October 2023