ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious Students is an opportunity offered by the ONGC Foundation. Among the eligible applicants for this scholarship program are students hailing from the SC / ST / OBC and General categories. Through this scholarship, students enrolled in the first year of various professional courses can receive financial help to fund their education fees. Candidates enrolled in MBA, MBBS, Engineering, and Master’s courses in Geology or Geophysics courses are eligible to apply. The scholars can receive financial support up to INR 48000 as part of their academic expenses by availing this scholarship.
The ONGC Foundation is an initiative by ONGC to assist deserving students hailing from the underprivileged sections of society to complete higher studies. The ONGC Foundation is a trust established by ONGC for engaging in a variety of Corporate Social Responsibility programs to contribute to bringing about a positive change in society.
ONGC Scholarship for Academic Year 2023-24: Eligibility Rules
Learn about the eligibility norms of the scholarship program below:
- The candidate does not have to be more than 30 years old as on 16th October 2023
- The student’s family’s annual income should not exceed INR 2 lakh per year
- The applicant is required to have secured minimum 60% marks in Class 12 for Engineering / MBBS programs or should have scored minimum 60% marks in their graduation for enrolling in PG courses including MBA / Geology / Geophysics
- The aspirant has to be enrolled in MBA, MBBS, or Engineering programs, or hold a Master’s degree in the Geophysics or Geology field
ONGC Scholarship for Academic Year 2023-24: Rewards
The scholars can benefit from scholarship money up to INR 48000 per annum to continue pursuing Business Administration, Engineering, Medical, Geophysics, or Geology courses.
ONGC Scholarship for Academic Year 2023-24: Document Submission
Herein you can find the list of compulsory documents to be submitted:
- Copies of Student’s Caste Certificate, Birth Certificate, and Annual Family Income Certificate
- Copy of Student’s Class 12 marksheet (for MBBS and Engineering students)
- Copy of Consolidated Graduation marksheet (for MBA students and those pursuing Master’s degree courses in Geology / Geophysics streams)
- Copies of PAN Card and Aadhaar Card
- Candidate’s bank details in ECS form with bank attestation
- Copy of Student’s Undertaking
ONGC Scholarship for Academic Year 2023-24: How to Apply?
The application process for the ONGC Scholarship 2023-24 is listed below:
- As your first step, go to the ONGC Foundation Scholar Portal
- Navigate to the “Apply Scholarship” tab on the top of the page and click on it
- On the following page, tap the scheme under the relevant category and tick the mandatory checkboxes
- The system is then directed to the Online Application Form page, where you have to enter some basic details and upload the compulsory list of documents
- Always review your application to check for any errors and correct them
- Proceed to submit your application
ONGC Scholarship for Academic Year 2023-24: Terms & Conditions
- Girl students have reservation of 50% scholarships
- Every year, students will receive the scholarship money directly in their bank accounts via ECS facility
- The selected candidates will continue to receive the scholarship amount until the completion of their course, subject to them being promoted to the subsequent year of their courses
- To continue receiving the scholarship, students are required to maintain at least 60% marks or 6 grade points out of 10 in the semester exams of each year
- Upon failing any course year, the applicant will stop receiving the scholarship amount
- If the student wants to continue availing the scholarship, he/she has to send the “Application for Renewal” in the stipulated format
- If the student opts for a different scholarship program after being awarded the ONGC Scholarship, they have to refund the full scholarship amount received by the ONGC Foundation
- The scholars cannot avail the benefits of another scholarship scheme from other sources. However, they are eligible for the scholarship if the State Government is waiving or reimbursing their tuition fees.
- Only candidates pursuing full-time regular courses can apply
- Depending on the location of the College / Institute / University where the student was studying for the qualifying exam, they can apply in that specific zone
ONGC Scholarship for Academic Year 2023-24: Application Deadline
The last date to apply for the ONGC Scholarship 2023-24 is 30th November 2023.
Application Deadline – 30 November 2023