Sikkim Scholarship: The Sikkim State Government of India releases notifications regarding its different scholarship programs for various sections of society in the state every year. This initiative of offering scholarships to the Sikkim Government aims to provide financial support to the socially backward classes. By availing of these scholarships, students from impoverished backgrounds can pursue higher studies without any financial hurdles.
The Government of Sikkim has launched the Scholarships Portal, which works as a one-stop solution for Sikkim students to avail of scholarships. From accepting student applications to processing scholarship applications to printing scholarship application receipts to sanctioning scholarships to smooth disbursal of scholarships, the Student Services Portal of the Sikkim state government is equipped for them all.
In the following details, you can find information about the Post-Matric Scholarships of the Sikkim Government for students belonging to underprivileged communities.
Sikkim Scholarships: Types of Scholarships
- Post Matric Scholarships for ST/SC/EBC Categories
The Social Justice Empowerment and Welfare Department of the Government of Sikkim provides Post-Matric Scholarships for students from socially backward categories (Schedules Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Economically Backward Classes) for helping them enroll in Post-Matric courses.
Sikkim Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
Herein we discuss the eligibility norms of the Post-Matric Scholarships of the Sikkim State Government.
- The aspirant has to be hailing from categories such as Scheduled Tribes (STs), Scheduled Castes (SCs), and Economically Backward Classes (EBCs)
- Applicants having domicile status of the Indian state of Sikkim are eligible
- He/she has to be admitted in a course at the Post-Matriculation level
- The candidate should not be availing any other scholarship
- The yearly income of the applicant’s family cannot be earning more than INR 1 lakh in case of EBC category students and INR 2.5 lakh in case of ST or SC students
Sikkim Scholarships: How to Register and Apply?
Refer to the below-mentioned details for information on the Registration/Application processes of the Sikkim State Government:
- Browse the official website of the Education Department functioning under the Government of Sikkim, https://scholarships.sikkim.gov.in/#
- Now, locate the “Register Now” tab on the home page of the web portal
- The system will then display the Registration Form on the Sikkim Single Sign On (SSO) platform, in which you have to provide the mandatory details
- Following the Registration process, you will receive an email on the registered email address
- As your next step, you have to click on the account verification link given in the email for activating your SSO account
- Upon successful verification of your SSO account, you are required to sign in to your account
- Thereafter, the system directs you to the SSO dashboard
- Proceed by selecting the “Education Department Scholarship” option, after which you have to tap the “Apply Now” link of the stipulated scholarship program
- This done, the system redirects to a new page containing all the Application Instructions
- Read all the guidelines thoroughly and then tap on the “Proceed” tab
- Subsequently, you have to provide all details in the Application Form, including your bank account info
- Thereafter, check all details in your Application and submit the same
- As always, you are advised to take a print copy of your Application Form; for downloading your Application Form, you have to click on “Application Menu” on the User Dashboard and navigate to the “Download” link to download and print your Application
- Finally, you have to submit a copy of your Online Application Form and mandatory documents to the Institute
Sikkim Scholarships: List of Documents
Submit the following documents along with a print copy of your Sikkim State Government Online Scholarship Application:
- Class X and Class XII Marksheets and Certificates
- Income Certificate Document or BPL Card
- Copy of Marksheet of latest examination
- Aadhaar Card copy
- Caste Certificate Document
- Bank Pass Book Copy showing Bank IFSC Code
- Fee Receipt Copy