Tamil Nadu Scholarship: The Government of Tamil Nadu (TN) works with its different departments for the overall development of the state. Their efforts are also directed towards educating youngsters for developing a large pool of skilled workforce. However, students hailing from underprivileged sections of society cannot afford to pay for higher studies. Here, the Tamil Nadu State Government provides financial help by way of scholarships.
Under the Tamil Nadu Scholarship Scheme, the Tamil Nadu Government offers a variety of scholarships for people from different walks of life. The objective of the TN Scholarship Scheme is to disburse funds to students for helping them finish their education without any financial constraints.
In addition to providing financial assistance, the TN Government Scholarships help to improve the standard of living of children via education. Moreover, when more and more youngsters become educated, the literacy rate of the TN State rises.
Any candidate who is interested in applying for the TN Government Scholarships should visit the concerned office in their respective district for collecting and submitting scholarship forms.
In the below-listed details, you can find more information about the TN State Government Scholarships.
Tamil Nadu Scholarships: Different Types
Herein we discuss the various types of Tamil Nadu State Government Scholarships.
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
SC/ST students are eligible to apply for the Pre-Matric Scholarships provided by the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department functioning under the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Post-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
The Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department working under the Government of Tamil Nadu offers Post-Matric scholarships to students from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes for enrolling in Post-Matric classes.
Tamil Nadu Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the Tamil Nadu State Government Scholarships have to fulfill the following criteria:
- This scholarship program is open for TN students hailing from Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes
- He/she should be holding domicile status of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu
- The yearly income of the student’s family from all sources should not exceed INR 2 lakh in case of Pre-Matric Scholarships and INR 2.5 lakh in case of Post-Matric Scholarships
- The candidate has to be admitted in Class XI or Class X in case he/she is applying for Pre-Matric Scholarships and admitted in Classes XI up to the PhD level in case he/she is applying for Post-Matric Scholarships
Tamil Nadu Scholarships: How to Apply?
Any candidate applying for the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships offered by the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department of the Tamil Nadu Government has to collect the relevant scholarship form from the respective welfare office situated in their districts.
They are also required to submit copies of the mandatory documents, along with the filled-out TN Scholarship form, for verification purposes.
Tamil Nadu Scholarships: List of Documents
You have to submit the following list of documents when applying for the TN State Government Scholarships:
- Copy of Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card Document
- A copy of Caste Certificate
- Copy of Admission Fee Receipt
- Copy of Domicile Certificate
- One passport-sized Photograph
- A copy of Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook first page photocopy
Tamil Nadu Scholarships: Things to Remember
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts when applying for the Tamil Nadu State Government Scholarships.
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before submitting their applications for the TN State Government Scholarships
- Applicants should have a registered mobile number and a valid email address
- Applicants must have their documents in order when applying for the TN government scholarships
- Make sure to apply before the given application deadline
- Always check all details in your TN Scholarship Application Form before final submission
- Provide only correct information; in case you submit wrong info, your application will get rejected