Uttarakhand Scholarship: The Uttarakhand State Government of India, through its Social Welfare Department, offers a range of scholarships for youngsters admitted in the schools in the state. The eligible beneficiaries of the Uttarakhand State Government scholarships are students belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBCs), Scheduled Castes (SCs), and Scheduled Tribes (STs). Also, the Uttarakhand Scholarship schemes cover both Pre-Matriculation classes and Post-Matriculation classes.
Students hailing from economically backward sections of society have financial issues, in which case they cannot pay fees for higher education classes. The Uttarakhand Government, by providing the much-needed financial assistance, helps them to enroll in Pre-Matric and Post-Matric classes.
Interested candidates are advised to browse the official web portal of the Uttarakhand scholarships to submit their applications.
In the below-listed details, you can find more information about the Uttarakhand State Government Scholarships.
Uttarakhand Scholarships: Various Types
The Uttarakhand Government offers the following scholarship schemes:
- Pre-Matric Scholarships
OBC/ST/SC students from the Indian state of Uttarakhand can apply for scholarships for pursuing Classes IX and X.
- Post-Matric Scholarships
The Tripura Post-Matric Scholarships are designed for students admitted in Classes XI up to the Doctoral level.
Uttarakhand Scholarships: Eligibility Norms
The eligibility criteria for the Uttarakhand Scholarships are stated herein:
- For Pre-Matric scholarships, candidates have to be studying in Classes 1 to 10 to be eligible.
- In case of Post-Matric scholarships, applicants should be enrolled in Class XI up to the Doctoral level
- Where Post-Matric scholarships for ST students are concerned, the yearly family income of the candidate should not be more than INR 2.5 lakh
- As far as Pre-Matric scholarships for SC and ST students enrolled in Classes IX or X go, the annual income of their families must not exceed INR 2 lakh
- Candidates are required to have passed their last examination to qualify
Uttarakhand Scholarships: Mandatory List of Documents
Among the compulsory documents to submit when applying for the Uttarakhand scholarships include:
- Domicile Certificate attested copy
- Attested copy of Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate Document copy
- A photocopy of bank account documents (such as bank passbook) containing bank account details
- Aadhaar Card copy
- Educational certificates of past years’ exams
Uttarakhand Scholarships: Registration/Application Process
Refer to the below-mentioned details to know how to apply for the Uttarakhand Scholarships:
- Begin by browsing the official website of the Uttarakhand Scholarships, www.escholarship.uk.gov.in
- Here, locate the “Scholarship Scheme” option and select the “Student Registration” tab in the submenu
- Then, tap the “Student Registration” link and submit the mandatory details as part of the Registration process
- Following Registration, the system generates your login details such as “User ID” and “Password”
- Once you enter your login credentials, you will be signed in to your account
- Thereafter, you have to access the Online Registration form and fill in all the given fields
- Uploading the scanned copies of requisite documents is also mandatory
- Proceed by checking all details in your application; make any changes if needed
- Go on to submit your application, thereon
- After application submission, the system will generate a unique Application Number, which you should note down