The Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam, is conducting the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMSS), Assam 2023. Meritorious students who are pursuing education from Class 9 to Class 12 in government, government-funded, and local body schools for a maximum duration of 4 years are invited to apply for this scholarship scheme. The Central Government of India is offering this scholarship program. Students have to appear for two levels of state-level selection tests to obtain the benefits of this scholarship. The scholars will be entitled to INR 12000 per year.
The candidate has to be a regular student enrolled in Class 9 to Class 12 in a government school.
The selected candidates will be entitled to INR 12000 per annum of INR 1000 per month.
The applicant has to submit mark sheets and academic certificates of past qualifying exams
Eligible candidates are advised to follow the below-listed application process:
- Go to the official website, https://www.buddy4study.com/scholarship/national-means-cum-merit-scholarship-examination-nmmss-assam, and tap the “Apply Now” tab
- On the next page, tap the “Register” link and provide all the mandatory registration details, if not already registered.
- After registration, you will receive your “Username” and “Password”
- Now, search the dashboard for the “National-Means-cum-Merit-Scholarship-Exam-2023” tab and click on it
- On the new page, you should click the “Application Form” tab appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard and tap the same
- On the subsequent page, sign in with your login details and read all the given instructions about the scholarship
- Follow by tapping the “Next” tab at the bottom of the page
- Fill in all the mandatory details and submit the compulsory documents
- The final step includes checking the declaration box and then tapping the “Submit” tab
Application for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMSS), Assam, 2023, will be accepted between 7th August 2023 and 10th October 2023.
The selection of students for the scholarship program is based on their performance in the following tests:
- Online Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Contains 90 multiple choice questions to test the candidates’ verbal and non-verbal cognitive skills, such as Critical Thinking and Reasoning.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT):
Includes 90 Multiple Choice Questions on a range of subjects taught in Classes VII and VIII, including Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science
Candidates have to pass both tests, MAT and SAT, with minimum 40% aggregate marks in both tests; the qualifying marks for SC/ST students are 32% aggregate marks in both MAT and SAT.
The applicant should have secured minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) in Class VIII exams; SC/ST students have to score at least 50% marks in Class 8 to qualify.
Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Number: (+91) 94357 76767