The Samsung Star Scholarship 2023 is a Corporate Social Responsibility initiative by Samsung Electronics Private Limited, designed for Indian students. Any student who has passed out from the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) and currently pursuing the full-term undergraduate-level Engineering courses or Dual Degree Programs, including the BTech + MTech, from one of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology or the National Institutes of Technology is eligible to apply. Although the scholarship is valid for only 1 academic year, the grant can be extended up to 3 to 4 years, depending on the student’s academic performance. This scholarship aims to empower youngsters through education and increase the pool of skilled engineers in the country.
A Note on The Sponsor: Samsung
Samsung manufactures a wide range of electronics. This South Korean multinational company has launched the Samsung Star Scholar program under its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. Samsung endeavors to promote education in the field of technology while assisting students in their pursuit of academic excellence.
Samsung Star Scholarship 2023: Rewards
The Samsung Star Scholar program 2023 will grant scholarships amounting to INR 2 lakhs per year. The scholarship beneficiaries can use this money to cover their academic expenses, including mess charges, tuition fees, and hostel costs. Upon the student fulfilling certain criteria, they can avail scholarship extension for the subsequent years of the course at the institute.
Samsung Star Scholarship 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms to apply for the Samsung Star Scholarship Program 2023 are listed below:
- He/she has to be an Indian National/Resident
- The candidate is required to be pursuing Engineering Courses (such as BTech or BTech + MTech) at the premier IITs and NITs.
- To continue receiving the scholarship rewards, the student has to maintain their position among the top 50% of their class
- Students cannot avail the benefits of any other scholarship program while they are pursuing the current engineering course
- The aspirant has to be an ex-student of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
Samsung Star Scholarship 2023: List of Documents to be Submitted
The list of documents to be submitted along with the application form is detailed below:
- Self-attested copies of Class X and Class XII academic certificates
- Copy of College Admission Letter
- JEE Advanced Ranking Certificate Copy
- Copy of one Canceled Cheque of Applicant’s Bank Account
- Copies of ID Proofs, including Aadhaar Card and PAN Card
- Annual Fee Receipt Original Copy
- A short essay on the reason for applying to the scholarship with the topic “Why you are qualified for a scholarship and how you will be impacted if selected”
Samsung Star Scholarship 2023: How to Apply?
You can know about the application process of the Samsung Star Scholarship Program herein:
- The first step is to access the Application Form that is available on the link, https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/p5/in/microsite/sapne-hue-bade/stories/Scholarship-New-Form.pdf.
- Go ahead and then download the Application Form
- Provide all the mandatory academic information and personal details in the application form, using a black or blue ink pen
- All the mandatory documents have to be attached to the application form
- The completed application has to be mailed to the given address: SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR, Samsung India Electronics Private Limited, Corporate Citizenship (CRO), 20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana 122002, India
- Applicants have to also email a soft copy of the filled-out application form, along with the compulsory documents, to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samsung Star Scholarship 2023: Selection Criteria
The selection process for the scholarship scheme is seen below:
- Students who are admitted in the 1st year of the Engineering course will be selected on the JEE Advanced All India Rank basis. The second-year scholarship beneficiaries will be shortlisted based on their overall academic performance.
- Candidates can obtain more information about the scholarship from the official web portal, https://www.samsung.com.
Samsung Star Scholarship 2023: Important Dates
The final date to apply for the Samsung Star Scholarship Program 2023 is 21st November 2023.
Last Date: 21 November 2023
Address for sending Application Form
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road,
Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India
Scanned copy of the complete application form along with supporting documents must be sent to email id: email@example.com