The Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme has been jointly launched by the Indian Dental Association (IDA), and Haleon India in collaboration with Buddy4Study (B4S). Give Grants has been entrusted by Haleon India to oversee and execute all its CSR programs. This Haleon India’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative has been introduced to provide financial assistance to 57 meritorious students hailing from underprivileged sections of society to help them pursue the 4-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program in government and government-funded colleges in India. The selected candidates will be entitled to receive INR 4,20,000 (INR 1,05,000 every year) over a period of 4 years for their study fees and living expenses.
The last date to apply for the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme 2023-2 is 31st October 2023.
The eligibility norms of the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarships are listed herein:
- He/she has to be pursuing their first year in the Bachelor of Dental Surgery course from a government or government-aided college
- The student should have secured at least 60% marks in the Higher Secondary Education exam
- The total family income of the applicant does not have to exceed INR 8,00,000
- After selection, the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star beneficiaries have to score minimum 60% marks in each semester / year if they want to continue receiving the scholarship amount
- Among groups that are not eligible to apply for this scholarship program are employees of IDA, Haleon, Buddy4Study, and Give India
Each beneficiary of the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholar will get INR 1,05,000 per annum for a 4-year duration for their tuition fees and living expenses. Each scholar has to secure minimum 60% marks in each semester / year to continue receiving the total scholarship amount equal to INR 4,20,000.
Note: Scholars can use this scholarship money only for academic expenses, including online learning, hostel fees, books, internet, food, tuition fees, laptop, mobile, and stationery.
Documents to be Submitted
The applicants have to submit the following list of documents
- Copy of the marksheet of the previous class/semester
- Identity proof such as PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, and Aadhaar Card
- Copy of admission proof of current year, including Bonafide Certificate / Institution ID Card / Admission Letter / Fee Receipt
- Copy of Income Proof of family members, such as income certificate from local administration, tax returns, Economic Weaker Section certificate
- Copy of bank account statement of the applicant’s parents
Note: From the second year of study onwards, the scholarship beneficiaries are required to submit an academic grade report of the previous exam passed, along with a character certificate, to receive the scholarship money for the subsequent years.
The application process of the Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Program is detailed below:
- Go to the Buddy4Study website link, https://www.buddy4study.com/page/sensodyne-ida-shining-star-scholarship-programme?ref=featuredBlocks, and tap the “Apply Now” tab
- Register with your email address and other mandatory details
- Login with your registered email address to access the Online Application Form
- After logging in to your account, the system directs you to the “Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme 2023-24” application form page
- Tap the “Start Application” tab and provide all the required information in the application form
- Upload the list of documents in the prescribed format
- Go ahead and accept the “Terms and Conditions” and then tap the “Preview” tab
- Review your application and submit your application online to complete the application process