Telangana epass Scholarship: The Government of the Telangana state of India adopts a slew of welfare measures for people in the state. They also offer Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships to students from underprivileged sections of society. Students hailing from economically-weaker sections of society require financial assistance to complete their education. And the Telangana State Government provides financial support to such youngsters via scholarships.
The Telangana Government has launched an online system for streamlining the scholarship process, which is known as TS ePASS Portal.
Among the eligible applicants for the Telangana Government scholarships are students from Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), Backward Classes (BCs), and Persons With Disabilities (PWD). Also, the Telangana State Government issues instructions regarding the sanctioning and disbursal of scholarships. Applicants are advised to read the prescribed guidelines thoroughly and apply in the required format.
In the below-mentioned details, we will discuss more about the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships of the Telangana State Government.
Telangana Scholarships: Various Types
Herein we study the different types of scholarships offered by the Telangana Government.
TS ePass Pre-Matric Scholarship
The Telangana Government provides Pre-Matric scholarships to students from backward classes in order to help them pursue higher education.
TS ePass Post-Matric Scholarship
Eligible candidates can avail Post-Matric Scholarships of the Telangana Government for the following Post-Matric courses:
- Group 1: Professional Courses
- Group 2: Other Professional and Degree Courses
- Group 3: Degree programs not covered within Group 1 and Group 2 and NIFT courses
- Group 4: Inter courses, Vocational courses, ITI and ITC courses
Telangana Scholarships: Eligibility Norms
Applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria for applying for the Telangana State Government Scholarships:
- The candidate has to be a permanent resident of the Indian state of Telangana
- Only students hailing from categories such as Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, and PWD categories should apply
- Having minimum 75% class attendance is mandatory
- Where Pre-Matric scholarships are concerned, the candidate has to be studying in Class IX or Class X; in case of Post-Matric Scholarships, the aspirant has to be pursuing Class XI or above
- The yearly family income of SC/ST students from all sources should not exceed INR 2 lakh per annum
- As far as the annual family income of BC, EBC, and PWD students go, it must not be more than INR 1.5 lakh per annum if they are residing in rural areas and INR 2 lakh per annum if they are living in urban areas.
Telangana Scholarships: How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Telangana scholarships can apply online via the TS ePASS portal. Nonetheless, they must ensure they fulfil the given eligibility norms before submitting their applications. Fresh applicants for the TS ePAss scholarships can apply via the following steps:
- First, you have to go to the TS ePASS portal, https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/
- Locate the “Pre-Matric Scholarship Services” and “Post-Matric Scholarship Services” tabs and click on the applicable one
- On the following page, proceed by tapping the “Registration Form for Fresh Applicants”
- Submit all the mandatory information via the Online Application Form
- In the “Scanned Documents” section, you also have to upload the requisite documents
- Cross-check all the information in the Application Form and make any changes, if needed
- If all the information provided in the Application Form is correct, then click on the “Submit” tab
- Once done, the system generates your TS ePass Application number, which you should note down
Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam Services
Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam For SC,ST,BC,EBC: Registration Form
Shaadi Mubharak Services For Minority: Registration Form