The Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24 is promoted by the Directorate of Higher Education of the Haryana Government. This scholarship is being offered to UG and PG students hailing from the Scheduled Castes and General categories in the Haryana state. The scholarships will be granted on merit basis to students admitted to the government colleges of the Haryana state of India. The Haryana State Scholarship beneficiaries will receive a scholarship grant of up to INR 5000 per year.
The Haryana State Government is devised for University toppers. As part of this scholarship program, the top 3 students from various streams (including Arts, Education, Commerce, and Science (Non-Medical or Medical)) will be selected and rewarded the incentive money. The candidates will be shortlisted as per their performance in the Yearly University exam.
Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility norms and apply accordingly:
- The applicant has to hold domicile status of the Haryana state of India
- He/she must have ranked first, second, or third in the Annual University Examination
- The candidate should be pursuing courses in the fields of Education, Commerce, Science (Medical or Non-Medical), and Arts at government-recognized colleges
Note: The Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme is college-specific. Any applicant pursuing courses at non-government colleges or correspondence programs should not apply.
Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24: Benefits
Students who rank first, second, and third in the merit list will receive scholarships amounting to INR 5000 per year, INR 3000 per year, and INR 2000 per year respectively.
Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24: Documents List
Eligible applicants have to submit the following list of documents:
- Aadhaar Card Copy
- 1 photograph of the Applicant
- Copy of Candidate’s specimen signature
- Income Certificate Copy of the Applicant’s family members
- Domicile Certificate of the Indian state of Haryana
- Copies of Caste Certificate and Class Certificate
- Copy of Parivar Pehchaan Patra or Family Identification Number
- Copy of Fee Receipt
- Academic certificates of last exam passed (not applicable for first-year students)
- Copies of BPL Certificate and Father’s death certificate (if applicable)
Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24: Steps to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to apply as per the below-mentioned instructions:
- First, go to the official website of the Department of Higher Education Haryana Scholarship Portal, https://harchhatravratti.highereduhry.ac.in/
- Locate the “Student” tab on the home page and click the “Student Registration” link from the sub-menu.
- Go ahead and enter the Parivar Pehchaan Patra (Family ID), at which point the system will display the list of family members
- Now, click on the “Applicant’s Name” and then tap the “Generate OTP” link
- The OTP will be received on the student’s registered mobile number and you have to then enter the OTP in the given fields and tap the “Verify OTP” tab
- Following OTP verification, the system will auto-fill the Registration details and you should cross-check the information
- Go on to select Department and College, after which you have to create your Password and then tap the “Register” link
- Using your login credentials, sign in to your account via the “Login” tab seen on the home page
- Navigate to the Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme online application form
- Fill out the mandatory fields in the application form and submit the compulsory documents in the stipulated format
- As your final step, check all details in your application and submit the same online via the “Apply” tab
- It is mandatory to maintain a print copy of the Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme application for your records
Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24: Deadline to Apply
The application deadline for the Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme 2023-24 is 31st October 2023.
Application Deadline – 31st October 2023
Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme Helpline
Email Helpline: email@example.com
Toll Free No: 1800-180-2133